Monday 17 December 2012

A weekend of firsts...

Hello everybody....*waves tiny paws*...it's me, Clapton. We have had a weekend of firsts.....the first first was going on my first walk with Lola! I have never been for a walk before and I was very excited.....i wanted to make sure I was doing everything right...

Oh dear....I wonder if we have any in my size...

.....and I offered to help the Typist out with all the arrangements....

....i need to face the other way?

...but eventually he told me to settle down into my first class travelling pocket....

....snuggly...

...and off we went to Ashtead Common....i had to make sure I had read all of the rules and regulations....

...doing my bit for conservation...

...and I made sure that Lola did not get left behind.....

...hurry up Lola, we must not get lost....

....and we found time to play hide & seek..

*sniff sniff*....she smells me but she can't see me...

....and Lola kept a beady eye on the Typist in case his hand strayed into the treat pocket....

....*snak radar beep*....

 ...we walked for almost two hours and I had to stop for a rest at the halfway point....

...hmmm, this bench is a bit damp for my taste....

....and Lola had her Scruffy Bite snacks for energy....

....must haz snaks...cannot go no furver.....

 ...the going was quite tough in the grazing area.....

er....don't leave me behind....

...so I had to find a more elevated spot so I could navigate...

....i see land mi hearties....

 ...it was a beautiful day....

....all-over sun puddles....

 ...but i think the effort rather did for Lola....

Do Not Disturb Til Monday.....
...and so on Sunday I rounded up Typist and William and we set off on an even more exciting journey....TO LONDON!!!!...

...another first class travelling pocket....

...we went on my first train ride.....

hmmmm, the seat is comfy but not quite my size....

...you might have seen my at @dogsontrains.....but I was glad I was with the Typist because Waterloo was very confusing for a small dog....


...oh my....which train is ours....

...and i got to go in my first Black Cab.....



 and pay my first visit to a big building in our capital city......we were off to Somerset House to see our friends.....

...it's very grand here!!....

...they are already celebrating Christmas in London...it will be my first one.....

...a bit bigger than the one at home....

I was very keen to get started....


...do you have one in a "small"?....

 .....and we got to spend a marvellous hour circling the ice.....

...WHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!...
 ...and I had a hot chocolate to drink afterwards....and then we had lunch in a very smart place called Covent GArden but we decided not to take photos of the mahoosive burgers that Typist and William were eating!!....and for a special tweet I took them to the Apple Shop afterwards....and I gave some tweeting and blogging lessons to the tourists...


....make sure your laptop is switched on and then you can begin....

....but our perfect day was done too soon and we had to head home again....

Bye Bye London...i loved my first visit...

....I had the perfect weekend my friends and Lola did too.


Happy napping!!

Clapton....Border Terrier HQ


17 comments:

  1. Wow Clapton, you had a very busy weekend! Well done on all your 'firsts'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy old time. Good to see Lola out and about. Much love Claire, George, Ed and Ern x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boys, you sure did have alot of firsts,looks like you had fun!!! Glad to see you are keeping Lola company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Clapton!!! What an extraordinary weekend filled with firsts!! I am so glad you and Lola had good times!!

    Your pal,
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clapton you had some mighty big paws to fill but you're doing a super job...Loved your adventure in London and I'm glad for Lola that you're going on walks with her...She surely needs your supervision to keep out of trouble *snoogles*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wot a fab weekend you ad Clapton. Glad to see Lola had fun too. I likes your blogs and is fink Marley wud be very pleased you have taken on his blog

    Love
    Eddie the Border

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! what an exciting weekend of firsts you have had little chum. Well done on you first bloggy too! it's excellent! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I'm very envious, you had a great weekend and a fantastic blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wot a great weekend you had my little pal! is nice to see you out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one adorable friend you have there
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like ya'll had a great time! Your friend looks adorable :)
    Cotton

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, excellent trip to London. I like your travelling style. I have to sit on train floors, not as comfy. Mind you, people quite often drop food on the floor so I ahve fun hunting it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Clapton - I can see Marley has taught you well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Am sure that Marley was with you every step of the way on your wonderful weekend of firsts. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its good to see you looking after Lola, Clapton. Looks like you plum wore her out. Thanks for showing us the pictures of London too, you're a lucky dog sitting on the seats on the trains.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pawsome reporting Clapton.Lovely pishures of Lady Lola.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, Clapton! What a sweet little woofie you are, I'm glad you're taking good care of Lola and the humans.

    Please give your humans a BIG cuddle from me, and say HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete

Ello for you. This is where you can say ello for me and leave some forts. I like it when peeple be sayin fings