Friday 29 November 2013

Brussels Bound

Hello my friends….this week I took a little trip to Belgium with the Typist….he likes to have a bit of company on his business trips as it can be lonely in hotels….

…..Miss Lola was not at all impressed when I told her she had to stay behind to keep an eye on William…..

….went went to London by train and hopped into a black cab when we arrived…typist can't manage the tube system with his wonky leg at the moment so we took the easy option…...

…..i watched the city go by from the window…..here we are on Waterloo Bridge …..

….it has one of the best views in London….
…..we arrived in time for to catch the Eurostar train to Brussels….the station is right next to typist's office….the lounge is a bit like an office with lots of people working on their laptops….

….i kept an eye on the boards to be sure we boarded at the right time and from the right platform….get the wrong one and we might have been in Paris by accident….just after we took this picture Ms Claudia Schiffer walked past with her children….I blanked her…I don't like to be bothered when I'm out in public as it embarrasses the Typist...

….it only takes two hours to get to Brussels….and you have to go under the sea to get there…good job the train was not leaky….

….we hopped in another taxi to get to the town were staying in….this one was a Mercedes….it was very comfy…..

….but not as comfy as the bed when we made it to the hotel…..

….i investigated the facilities….and almost made myself jump!…How Much is That Doggie in the Mirror?

…..i helped the Typist get set up to work for the afternoon whilst we waited for the other people to arrive….

…..in the morning I had to select my grooming regime carefully in the bathroom as there appears to be a risk of bumping into supermodels every five minutes on these trips...

…Typist made sure i looked my best just in case…..

…..er….this may look like the bar but Typist tells me we were just there for a change of scene and a coffee...

….whilst he worked I took a spin round the hotel…..

…..it was not exactly glamorous…..

….but being Belgium there was easy access to waffles and chocolate…..

….i found some fish to talk to like @jackmolly3 do…..it might have been my accent but they did not appear to9 understand me….

…..and there was a very narrow escape when the Typist almost got his paws on a bike….no cycling for him until next year!!

…..Christmas was already in full swing in Belgium….Happy..er…November!!…..

…I checked the map for local attractions…...

…..but they best they could offer was sledging…..and there was no snow…..

….so I thought I would chat to my pals on twitter and logged on to the internet….wahahahahaha….see what I did there?…..come back...

…..we retired to bed after dinner….i was careful to make sure no one woke me too early…..

…and in the morning, whilst the Typist was at his meetings, I made full use of the spa…..

….the City Dog has regular pawdicures…….

…..but our trip was soon over and we left a grey and rainy Brussels…….

….*checking for leaks*….

….and before I knew it I was back in London and looking for our train home….

…ah Home….the best bit of any trip….
….Miss Lola told me all was well with William….

5 comments:

  1. Clapton! Dat be pawsum! Michelin? Pfft! Yoozgides much mor formatif nd fun! *nod*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant companion to a business trip you are, Clapton! :) I quite thought, for a moment there, we were going to be introduced to everyone at the Typist's meeting! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are very well travelled Clapton, and well done Miss Lola on keeping the house and William safe while you were away!! Wagg treats all round me thinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tee hee, loved the slipper sledging :-)
    what a great trip

    ReplyDelete

Ello for you. This is where you can say ello for me and leave some forts. I like it when peeple be sayin fings